Join Matanya’s Hope on a Humanitarian Mission Trip
Join Matanya’s Hope on our annual Humanitarian Mission to Kenya for the experience of a lifetime. You will cross the equator, drive along the Great Rift Valley, and turn your eyes to the famous Maasai Mara, featured on Animal Planet, National Geographic and so many other nature channels.
Furthermore, you will have wonderful opportunities to get to know people from each area with invitations to join them for tea, for song and sometimes for a meal. You will be invited to learn the ways of the nomadic Maasai people who herd their cattle among the mighty beasts of the savannah. At dusk and dawn, the sun dapples the landscape with a myriad of colors and the night brings ebony skies, twinkling lights and the calls of the wild. The famous parks and reserves of the Maasai Mara mark you as an explorer while the children of each destination find a way into your heart forever.
There is something about this trip that can make you forget all of your own sorrows and feel as if you have the power to help the world – and indeed, you do. Click Here to read about past Matanya’s Hope Mission trips. For general information about Kenya click here.
YOUR HUMANITARIAN SAFARI INCLUDES:
- Private ground transportation to each of our destinations
- Family accommodations throughout (with occasional hotel stays if needed)
- Breakfast and dinner with host families along with restaurant dining interspersed
- Lunch - Experience an array of Kenyan flavors and culture varying with each day's location
- Wildlife viewing in fully equipped Kenyan Safari vehicle (be sure to have your camera!)
- Michelle Stark, founder of Matanya’s Hope, will accompany each mission, introducing you to customs and culture along the way
- Hands on work/experience with the children of Matanya’s Hope
- Visit some of Matanya’s Hope supported schools and interact with students and staff
- Meet your sponsored child(ren)
- See your donated items and funds transform lives
- An opportunity to sponsor a child’s education
- An opportunity to distribute school supplies, clothing, shoes, etc. to children in need.
- An opportunity to participate in building a home for a family in need
- An opportunity to stay on and participate in further mission activities
- An opportunity to feed porridge to children in need
- All park entry fees
how to book:
Click here to print the reservation form and mail it in to:
PO Box 562
Homewood, IL 60430
INCLUDE YOUR DEPOSIT OF $1,000 per person.
Upon receipt of your signed reservation form and deposit, we will, subject to availability, reserve your place on your Humanitarian Mission with Matanya’s Hope. When we send you your confirmation invoice, your booking is confirmed and accepted by us. Final payment is due no later than April 15 of the year traveling, unless otherwise arranged. Final documents will be sent to you approximately two weeks prior to departure or before.
Cost of 2-week Land Portion of Mission
Ranges according to airline and location. Mission participants responsible for securing their own airline ticket
*Longer stays are available. Contact us to discuss your desired dates and length of stay.
Cancellations are only effective on receipt of written notification. The following per person fees are applicable on this humanitarian safari:
- Up to 75 days prior to departure, less $250 handling fee
- 75 – 60 days prior to departure, less $750
- 59-45 days prior to departure, refund is dependent on amount recoverable from overseas commitments
- These cancellation fees are in addition to any imposed by the airlines.
While Matanya’s Hope uses its best endeavors to ensure that all anticipated accommodations are available as planned, there shall be no claim of any nature whatsoever against Matanya’s Hope for a refund either in the whole or part, if any accommodation or excursion is unavailable and a reasonable alternative is not found. If the guest is unable to use any service provided during the course of the mission, there are no refunds due. We make all efforts to accommodate each participant to the fullest.
INSURANCE: It is a condition of booking, that the sole responsibility lies with the guest to ensure that they carry the correct comprehensive travel and medical insurance to cover themselves, as well as any dependents/traveling companions for the duration of their trip to Kenya. This insurance should include cover in respect of, but not limited to, the following eventualities; cancellation or curtailment of the humanitarian safari, emergency evacuation expenses, medical expenses, repatriation expenses, damages/theft/loss of personal baggage, money and goods. Matanya’s Hope will take no responsibility for any costs, losses incurred or suffered by the guest or guest’s dependents or traveling companions, with regards to, but not limited to, any of the above-mentioned eventualities. Guests will be charged directly by the relevant service providers for any emergency services they may require and may find themselves in a position unable to access such services should they not be carrying the relevant insurance coverage.